ABZ Works is a service available to Aberdeen residents who are looking for support to develop confidence, knowledge, skills or experience so they can work towards achieving their goals of progressing into employment, education or training.
We deliver a range of employability programmes for those aged between 16 and 67, supporting people from all walks of life and at all stages of their working life.
Read more below
Our employability programmes include young people who have just left school and are unsure of their next steps, through to people with lots of experience who have been made redundant, or those who are long-term unemployed.
In all cases, the service will match participants with a key worker who will support them to identify barriers they may be facing in achieving their ambitions, before working together to design an action plan of activities and training to help them reach their goals.
Participants on our programmes work at their own pace and some examples of the support people can access include:
- 1:2:1 support from an employability keyworker.
- Access to money advice.
- Confidence building activities.
- Digital skills and access.
- CV building, job searching, application and interview techniques.
- Work experience and volunteering opportunities.
- Exploring the world of work and different sectors.
- Access to specific training based on individual interests and goals.
- Help with travel costs to get to interviews and clothes for interviews or getting started.
- In-work support to help settle into a new job.
In addition to the service ABZ Works provides, we also work closely with other organisations across the city and can help participants access other services suited to their interests and needs. Whether someone needs support with anything from housing to financial advice, we are well placed to connect them with the support that suits them best.
To find out more, get in touch!